Understanding and assessing local community needs
[This is a workshop in Changemaker Gear Up Training Series (GUTS)*]
#Crossover - Changemaker Pathway x ImpactHK
Everyone is always busy with something, studies or work. How often do we really take a good look around us and discover the community’s needs?
Understanding our community is an important first step we take to identify the local needs and resources, which in turn, help us solve the social issues. Go on a community walk with us to see the world through another’s perspective.
Founder and CEO, ImpactHK
Jeff Rotmeyer is the Founder and CEO of ImpactHK, a charity transforming the lives of the homeless in Hong Kong. ImpactHK started with just a few individuals wanting to show kindness to those in need. It has now grown into a humanitarian movement, involving thousands of participants, that is truly saving lives.
Jeff is also the Founder and CEO of Love 21 Foundation, a charity supporting the down syndrome and autistic community with sport and nutritional programmes.
Originally from Vancouver Canada, Jeff has lived in Hong Kong for 15 years and spent his first 13 years teaching in a government primary school. He is dedicated to living a meaningful life through social work and is passionate about making positive impact for those in need.
- If the Community Walk is cancelled due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the event will be a 2-hour online talk via Zoom.
- Priority will be given to HKUST Connect registrants (Start your changemaking journey with HKUST Connect: https://connect.ust.hk/get-involved/register-with-hkust-connect/register)
- The event is fully subsidized by HKUST Connect. If you are unable to participate in the event as schedule, you should send us a written notification to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, but no later than 21 Mar 2021 (Sun). Students who withdrawn after the deadline or absent from the event will be charged a HKD200 program fee.
- To avoid interruption and hindering the progress of session, instructors may not admit new participants who are late for more than 15 minutes.
- Participants who are away from the session for 15 minutes or more may not be able to attain the HLTH1010 course hours
* Complete 3 GUTS workshops to get a certificate of participation.
HLTH1010 Course Hours:
Upon complete attendance of the workshop, participants may attain a maximum of 2 hours in "Wellness & Personal Enrichment Events" in the "Activities" module.